Thursday, May 6, 2010

Super Tottenham, from the lane!

"Tottenham booked a lucrative place in the Champions League in dramatic fashion as Peter Crouch's late header clinched a 1-0 win against Manchester City on Wednesday. A fixture dubbed a 50 million pounds play-off for a place in Europe's elite club competition lived up to its billing as both sides went for broke, but it was Spurs who were deserved winners."
This is the fourth season I have been following the English Premier League and it is the first time I've seen another team next to the Big Four (Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool) in the top four positions. After winning this match, Tottenham will now have the chance to fight among the Europe's elite for the Champions League next season. I am happy that Tottenham won as I believe that they are the better team compared to Manchester City and I prefer them way more than the other club. However, I am also sad that Liverpool would not be qualifying for the next season's Champions League. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of Liverpool but the club definitely has a lot of experience and history. The article also says that the club has not taken part in the European Cup since the 1960s so I think that they really deserved this win! So for now, all the best to Tottenham in the coming season!

source:http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_sports/view/1054726/1/.html

No comments:

Post a Comment